Important Information: Misty Bay
- Security Deposit
- Holiday Start Time
- Early check-in
- Holiday End Time
- Late check-out
- Bed Linen
- Entertainment Passes
- Please note Wi-Fi is available
- Outdoor Cinema Screenings
- Quiet time
- Covid 19
- Caring for your Safety
- Balconies, landings, corridors & walkways
- Swimming pools
- Hot Tubs/Saunas
Security Deposit: A £80 cash security deposit is required either on the day of arrival or paid online in advance. This will be returned by internet banking within 7 days of checkout provided, there are no damages to the holiday home, keys are returned, and house rules have been followed. Full details provided at check in.
Holiday Start Time: You can check-in anytime after 3.00 pm on the first day of your booking, please inform us roughly at what time at least 24 hours before hand. Come directly to the holiday home, Misty Bay, you can find up to date map of park at https://www.awayresorts.co.uk/tattershall-lakes/park-map/. Please call the number given on your booking when you arrive. Someone will either meet you with keys or you will be given the key safe number.
Early check-in: Subject to availability it may be possible for an early check-in this is dependent on whether the holiday home has had guests in the night before. Contact us 48 hours or less before your start date to see if early check-in is available. A charge will be applicable depending on how many hours before 3.00 pm you want to check in.
Holiday End Time: You will be notified of your checkout time on arrival which will be between 10.00 am and 11.00 am on your last day. You can leave earlier than this by using the key safe option.
Late check-out: Subject to availability it may be possible for a late check-out, this is dependent on what time the next guests are arriving as it takes 4 hours to turn the accommodation around. Contact us 48 hours or less before your check-out date to see if late check-out is available. A charge maybe applicable depending on how many hours after 11.00 pm you want to check-out.
IMPORTANT: You will see key drop off points around the park. These are for Away Resorts customers and we cannot collect them so do not put them in these. Thank You.
Two cars maximum are allowed onsite and can be parked next to the holiday home.
Maximum occupancy is 8 people. It is strictly forbidden to have more than this at any one time in the holiday home because it invalidates the insurance.
You are welcome to bring your own, we do not provide. They must never be used on decking or within 8 feet of the holiday home. Use the grassed areas & car parking spaces. All coals & waste must be disposed of in the binned areas provided by the park once cooled. Do not leave them out overnight due to wildlife on the park.
Tea towels & hand towels provided. 1 bath towel per guest for use at the lodge. Please bring your own beach towel for use outside of the lodge. A washing machine is at the lodge.
If you wish to use Away resorts facilities, then Entertainment Passes are available from their customer services. These passes allow you to use the parks resources although some activities you must pay an additional cost. For what’s included please head to https://www.awayresorts.co.uk/tattershall-lakes/facilities/. And for current prices visit https://www.awayresorts.co.uk/tattershall-lakes/faqs/ and click on entertainment passes. From this website you can also book activities in advance to avoid disappointment.
Please note Wi-Fi is available in the facilities by signing into the Tattershall Parks free wi-fi. Please note an account will need to be setup. Faster speeds can be purchased and the up to date price list for the park is on the FAQ link above. We accept no liability for the speed or signal strength/quality of the wi-fi signal.
Outdoor Cinema Screenings: To find out which films will be showing during your stay please visit – http://www.awayresorts.co.uk/midsummers-nights-screen/
Please note jet skis and safety equipment are available for hire at the park. You can bring your own jet ski; however, you will require your own insurance cover.
Please note that this park is close to RAF Coningsby and you may experience aircraft noise. But may get to see wonderful planes such as the European jet fighter, Lancaster bombers, Spitfires, Apache helicopters, other helicopters, and planes.
Quiet time at the holiday home is from 11.00 pm till 7.30 pm so please ensure you respect your neighbours.
Due to the conduct of some guests, the danger and state the holiday home has been left we have had to unfortunately bring in these measures to ensure that the holiday home can be brought up to our high standard for our the following guests and to prevent fires.
- You cannot use party decorations without arranging it in advance in writing.
- We can decorate the holiday home for you and have a Bronze, Silver & Gold package available. Please contact us and we can send you further details.
- If you wish to decorate the holiday home for a party yourself, you are welcome to do so, but you must clear up afterwards. This includes inspecting all walls & ceilings for adhesive products & ensure all vents, fires, cookers and other flammable points are clear. If cleaners find anything then photos will be taken and monies covering the cleaners time will be deducted from your security deposit.
- When decorating, you cannot use anything which leaves permanent damage, EG. Safety pins, drawing pins, glue. If discovered you have, you will be liable for all restoration costs to the holiday home. We recommend white tac.
- Under no circumstances can confetti balloons or any other type of party decoration be used which puts small pieces of paper or small metallic bits into the holiday home. These are a fire risk and are strictly forbidden. If found using them or found by cleaning team afterwards you will be fined up to £250.
We are following all government guidelines with regards to the pandemic, which include deep cleans. We are unsure day to day currently what facilities will be open at the park, but as your booking covers you for the accommodation only, the cost of the activities has always been in addition. If you want to see what is open, pop over to the Away Resorts website for up to date information, link provided above.
Away Resorts have instructed us to inform you of the following whilst holidaying on their park.
Where possible, one-way pedestrian flows around park
- Clearly signposted, one way in, one way out flows within any buildings
- We are using floor vinyl markers where there may be queuing
- Where possible, we will encourage cashless/contactless transactions only
- We will monitor the number of customers within shops at one time
- Queue management systems will be introduced with entrance and exit policy
- All baskets and trolleys will be sanitised to reduce cross-contamination
- Please do not come to the park if someone in your household has developed coronavirus symptoms within 14 days prior to arrival
- If someone in your group develops symptoms during your stay, please immediately self-isolate, contact PJ Getaways to notify them of the illness and make plans to go home as quickly as possible, avoiding public transport
- Whilst on park, please observe social distancing rules
- There must be no group (mass) gatherings on park including meeting up with other holiday home users.
- Please ensure good hygiene by washing hands frequently with soap and water
- Away Resorts will be providing many hygiene stations around the park
- However, it is still recommended that you bring essential items like soap, hand sanitiser, disposable gloves, personal face masks/covers, sanitising surface cleaners, etc
- Customers can share their accommodation with government guidelines only
- You should use the social space on your holiday home pitch for your group only and you should not mix with other groups in or around your holiday home
- Unfortunately, you are not permitted to invite visitors to meet you on the park at this point
- Please be reminded that you should not allow your children to wander around the park as they always need to be supervised so that they do not accidentally breach park rules
- Please observe any one-way systems on paths and indoor areas
Caring for your Safety
We do our best to ensure your safety and wellbeing and that our properties are well maintained for your comfort and safety. Nevertheless, please remember that when you stay in unfamiliar surroundings, you must take special care of yourself and your family. While relaxing and letting your guard down is all part of the holiday experience, you could encounter difficulties that could affect your holiday enjoyment. Here are some useful pointers to help you enjoy your holiday and avoid some possible pitfalls. Please read the information carefully and ensure that other members in your party are also aware.
Before you Travel
- Leave a copy of your travel details with your next of kin or an emergency contact.
- Ensure that you have water and all electronic satellite devices are fully charged or have an adapter cable.
- Your Journey
- Allow enough time to get to your holiday property and the airport/port/station, if relevant.
- Take contact details for us with you, as well as the directions to the holiday property. Bear in mind that mobile phone reception can be patchy in certain locations.
- Our properties are chosen for their character and charm and therefore extra care may be needed for families with children or anyone at risk. Please take special note of the following:
- When you arrive
- Familiarise yourself with the location of any safety equipment such as a fire extinguisher, CO monitors, fire blankets and escape routes.
- Familiarise yourself with the layout of the property and location of light switches, always put a light on when moving around the property at night.
- Be aware and be safe
- Always securely lock the property whenever you leave it and at night. Make sure windows are closed (and locked), where possible.
- Never leave valuables in open view.
- Always climb/descend stairs/steps very carefully into and out of the property. Hold any handrail and walk slowly. Always accompany young children.
- Smoking is not permitted in the holiday home or on any verandas or decking. Please smoke on the grass or the slabbed areas only. Always ensure that all smoking materials are safely extinguished and light up inside the properties.
- If you smell gas, report it immediately to onsite security. Black sooty marks or stains and lazy orange flames on a gas appliance and excessive condensation in the room could indicate a faulty gas appliance.
- Switch off electrical appliances at night and do not leave appliances like the TV, washing machines and driers running when you go out.
- Something as simple as a window blind cord or chain can present a real danger to young children check all areas and keep all cords and chains out of reach of babies and young children.
- Take extra care in bright sunlight as it may not be obvious whether the windows or patio doors are open or closed.
- Surfaces such as tiles and marble floors can be very slippery.
- At the lakes, ensure that children or anyone at risk cannot access it. Look for any steep drops or steps in the garden, and, if there are garden sheds or outbuildings, ensure that children or anyone at risk cannot get into them.
- Equipment in children’s play areas should be safe and in good condition. You should satisfy yourself that the equipment is safe and in good condition before use.
- Children should always be supervised by a responsible adult.
- Balconies, landings, corridors & walkways
- Never leave children unsupervised on balconies or landings.
- Keep all furniture away from the balcony wall/railings.
- Never lean over, sit, or climb on the balconies or walkway wall/railings.
- Take care when walking along corridors and walkways.
- Before closing the door whilst on the balcony check that there is a handle on the outside.
- Read and obey the pool rules before you swim, private holiday properties will not have a lifeguard and some holiday complexes are not required to employ lifeguards.
- Familiarise yourself with the pool layout so you know where the deep and shallow ends especially before jumping or diving in. Never dive into water less than 1.5m deep.
- In some swimming pools it may be prohibited to jump or dive into the pool, always obey the facility rules and signage.
- Some complexes may have specific adult supervision ratios.
- Chlorine is normally added to the pool when it is closed so check the hours of pool operation and never use the pool when it is closed.
- Don’t swim immediately after a meal and never swim when you’ve been drinking alcohol or if you feel unwell.
- Don’t swim if suffering from an upset stomach. Leave 48 hours before entering the pool following a stomach-related illness.
- Children or anyone at risk, in and around the pool area must always be supervised by an adult and never left unattended even if a lifeguard is present.
- In the event of an emergency, know how and where to get help.
- Please ensure all guests read the important user guidelines before use which will be supplied at your accommodation
- On arrival you will be taken through hot tub safety procedures. We are aware that some guests, against rules will stay in longer than the 15 minutes which causes the water to evaporate and if the Hot Tub water gets to low then this could damage it. Methods for refilling and sanitation of the refill will be provided free of charge to guests, but it is imperative that the levels are maintained to avoid breakage and a hefty bill.
- We take care to ensure the hot tub is ready for you to use on arrival although whilst every attempt is made on some occasions due to the strict cleaning and disinfection procedure we follow and extra sanitation that is required now due to Covid 19, the hot tub may not have reached the required temperature by the time you arrive and there could be a short delay before you can use it. We do not for see the temperature not being ready by 6.30 pm of your check-in days, except in cases of hot tub mechanical failure.
You should not use the Hot Tub or Sauna if you:
- Have a serious illness, or have a heart condition, high or low blood pressure, or any other medical condition which may affect your reaction to heat then you should consult with your doctor first.
- Have a contagious disease, infectious skin condition, open sores, or wounds.
- Have recently exercised or have had a heavy meal within one and half hours.
- Are under the influence of alcohol or any drugs that may cause drowsiness or that raise or lower blood pressure.
- Are a child under 4 – the body temperature of young children will rise much quicker than that of older children or adults using the hot tub/sauna due to their undeveloped thermo-regulatory mechanisms. Children under the age of 4 should not use the hot tub (age restrictions may vary by property).
- Children should always be supervised closely by a responsible adult.
- Pregnant women are advised not to use hot tubs/saunas or to seek medical advice before doing so.
When using the hot tub
- Always shower before using the hot tub.
- Do not take glasses into the hot tub.
- Enter the hot tub carefully as the area around may be slippery.
- Do not use any soap or wear any sun lotion when using the hot tub as this can affect the water quality.
- Limit your soak to 15 minutes and cool off before re-entering.
- To keep the water clean and clear always replace the cover after using the hot tub.
- Seek Away resort’s advice on the safety of their beaches and beware of local conditions (e.g. tides, winds, dangerous currents, and underwater hazards.)
Use of activity equipment
- All activities during your holiday are undertaken at your own risk.
- Some properties may have use of a boat or other activity equipment such as trampolines, swings, climbing frames and sporting equipment. You will find details of such equipment in the brochure description. Please note that any activity equipment is provided directly to you by the owner of the activity and does not form part of your contract with us.
- Use of such equipment is at the property owner’s discretion, and liability for availability and condition rests solely with the owner. It is your responsibility to
- ensure that you are familiar with the operation of the equipment,
- (ii) satisfy yourself that the equipment is safe to use,
- (iii) to use the equipment responsibly, and
- (iv) always supervise children using the equipment.
- If a major security incident occurs and you are not sure what action to take, follow the advice to ‘Run, Hide, Tell’ which can be applied to many places and situations both at home and overseas.
- RUN to a place of safety, if there is nowhere to go then it’s better to HIDE, turn your
- phone to silent, then finally and only when it’s safe to do so TELL and call the police.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the property meets with your individual
- needs particularly relating to access to the property and garden we ask that you
- check that the property description is suitable for everyone in your party and if you
- have any concerns or special requirements following your booking contact us.
- Please check the property you have chosen has everything you need for a stress-free holiday.